19six Architects has expanded our services to include in-house structural engineering, in a desire to better serve our clients by fully integrating structural design with architectural design. Our structural division in Santa Barbara is growing to provide support to all of our architectural offices, and we are seeking an experienced and highly motivated Structural Project Engineer to grow with us.
Project Role and Responsibility
- Design structural building systems and equipment anchorage.
- Prepare structural calculations, details, and drawings.
- Collaborate with architectural team, engineers, design team, other disciplines and clients as part of our integrated design process.
- Verify existing field conditions.
- Produce construction documents using Revit and AutoCAD and/or provide markups to drafters.
- Review shop drawings, RFI’s, submittals, and make site visits during construction administration.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Architectural Engineering or Civil Engineering is required, Masters is a plus.
- Must be a Licensed Civil Engineer in California.
- Four plus (4+) years’ experience in Structural Engineering including the design of concrete, masonry, steel, and wood materials; gravity and lateral systems.
- Experience working with DSA and OSHPD/HCAI is preferred.
- Experience with Revit and AutoCAD is preferred.
- Proficiency with structural software such as RISA and Enercalc.
- Goal oriented with strong skills in problem solving, creativity, and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience and interest in sustainable building design.